In addition to providing support and networking groups, we offer several educational presentations each month. Some lectures and workshops are only for members, but many are also open for the public to attend. These activities are meant to be of broad interest to people with cancer and their family members, and to cover a wide range of topics. Lectures and workshops take place exclusively in the clubhouse; popular topics are repeated, and new topics are introduced regularly.
If you are looking for scheduled presentations, check out the calendar of events.
Typical presentations open to the public:
- “Ask the Experts” – Diagnosis specific panel presentations
- The Role of Complementary Therapies in Cancer Treatment
- Sexuality and Cancer
- Talking to Your Children About Cancer
- Cancer as a Catalyst for Change
- Current Developments in Diagnosis and Treatment of Breast Cancer, Colon Cancer, etc.
- Managing the Side Effects of Treatment
- Fighting Cancer with Nutrition
- Living with Neuropathy
- What you Need to Know About Social Security and Disability
- Emotions and Cancer
- Genetics and Cancer
Presentations for members only:
- Exercise After Breast Surgery
- Journaling the Journey
- Expressive Art Workshops: Painting, Scrapbooking, Mosaics
- Mindful Meditation
- Yoga / Tai Chi / Qigong / General Exercise
- Guided Visual Imagery for Relaxation
- Make-up, Hair, Wig Workshops
- Diet and Nutrition