Contract Grant Writer
Development Offices, Dallas County
Cancer Support Community North Texas provides a warm, welcoming setting where men, women, and children living with cancer – as well as their families and friends – join with others to build emotional and social support as a complement to medical care. We looking for a talented, focused grant writer to join our team; someone who understands the importance of the work we do and can translate that into compelling and effective grant applications.
Are you this person?
You thrive on helping others. You get excited when you can use your talent, energy and creativity to help a great cause expand their reach. You’re a great researcher and writer. You’re a self-starter, smart, very organized, detail oriented and able to meet deadlines. You’re a creative thinker and enjoy a challenge. You take a great deal of pride in your work and successful accomplishments.
If you were part of our team, here are some of the things you would have done last week
- Met with the Program Director, Director of Development and the CEO to brainstorm on potential grant opportunities
- Updated the Development Committee on the status of, and prospects for grant funding
- Worked with the data coordinator to get at meaningful information to support a grant application
- Done research for a potential new grant application and submitted two new grant applications
- Reviewed pending grant applications and followed up with funders
- Worked on specific reporting data for leadership for their PowerPoint presentation
- Attended departmental and organizational meetings and provided position-related reporting
Here are some other things you might do
- Attend a Board Meeting and present grant reporting to leadership
- Attend an All Staff meeting and hear what everyone on the team is working on
- Join other team members at the staff retreat or engage in a fun team building exercise
- Help out at a major fund raising event
- Work with a partner to collaborate on approaches for new grant funding
This position is an essential component of the overall Fundraising/Development plan. Experience is important – we’re looking for a track record of 3 to 5 years in writing successful grant applications for non profits. Outstanding writing skills are essential for this position. You must have demonstrated a focus on using current data/research for writing high quality grant applications. You must be committed to following through on funded applications; providing interim and final reports to funders in a timely manner.
If this sounds like something you’d enjoy doing for us, we definitely want to hear from you. Please get in touch by emailing your cover letter, resume, and fee structure to MLouis@CancerSupportTexas.org.
Program Offices, Dallas County Clubhouse
Cancer Support Community North Texas aims to provide a warm and inviting homelike setting where men, women, and children living with cancer – as well as their families and friends – can join with others to build emotional and social support as a complement to medical care. It is time we add someone friendly and efficient to our team to be responsible for the daily operations of our Dallas Clubhouse, including the planning of the monthly calendar of events, oversight of all activities, and outreach to the community.
Here’s who we’re looking for
You’re an excellent communicator who thrives helping others, being both people and detail oriented. You take care of things the right way the first time; when you say “I’ll take care of it,” we know it’ll be done well. You get excited when you know you’ve made someone else’s day better.
If you were working for us, here are some of the things you would have done last week
- Worked directly with our members, as well as contract and volunteer facilitators
- Onboarded new members, facilitated groups, and conducted individual counseling
- Completed outreach efforts and program events, and planned future ones
- Managed a full-time Program Coordinator
- Worked with the Program Director to meet member and business needs of the Clubhouse
Here are some other things you might do
- Program planning and development
- Lead workshops and presentations
- Tracking member information and data
- Set up for clubhouse events and activities
- Assist with volunteer coordination and supervision
Experience is important. We’re looking for someone who is a licensed Social Worker with a minimum of a Master’s degree (i.e. LCSW, LMSW) with at least three years’ experience. We are also looking for experience with group facilitation and individual counseling, good organizational skills and ability to prioritize efforts, and demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Flexibility in schedule is also needed, as there is some night/weekend work. If this job sounds like something you’d love to do every day, we definitely want to hear from you. Please email your cover letter and resume to Info@CancerSupportTexas.org if you are interested in this position.