Program Coordinator in Dallas
Cancer Support Community North Texas aims to provide a warm and inviting homelike setting where men, women, and children living with cancer – as well as their families and friends – can join with others to build emotional and social support as a complement to medical care. It is time we add someone friendly and efficient to our team to support daily program operations, including primary responsibility for our children’s program, at our Dallas County Clubhouse.
Here’s who we’re looking for…
You’re an excellent communicator who thrives helping others, being both people and detail oriented. You take care of things the right way the first time; when you say “I’ll take care of it,” we know it’ll be done well. You get excited when you know you’ve made someone else’s day better.
If you were working for us, here are some of the things you would have done last week
- Worked directly with the Dallas County Clubhouse Program Manager
- Onboard new members, facilitated groups, and conducted individual counseling
- Planned and delivered our children’s program, Noogieland
- Supported outreach efforts and program events
Here are some other things you might do
- Support program planning and development
- Lead workshops and presentations
- Assist in tracking member information and data
- Help set up for clubhouse events and activities
- Assist with volunteer coordination and supervision
Experience is important. We’re looking for someone who is a licensed mental health professional with a minimum of a Master’s degree (i.e. LMSW, LPC-I, etc.) and preferably has at least two years’ experience. We are also looking for experience with group facilitation and individual counseling, good organizational skills and ability to prioritize efforts, and demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. If this job sounds like something you’d love to do every day, we definitely want to hear from you. We need to hear from you! Email your cover letter and resume to Info@CancerSupportTexas.org.