Cancer Support Community North Texas provides a welcoming setting where men, women, and children living with cancer – as well as their families and friends – can join others for emotional and social support – an essential complement to medical care – all free of charge. The Development Director leads the fundraising team and the development efforts for the organization. We’re looking for a highly motivated, organized, outgoing, and energetic person to manage a great team and run our Development department.
Does this describe you?
You are a leader and team player with proven successful fundraising track record. You have managed a development team. You’re organized, outgoing, and energetic. You know the Dallas philanthropic landscape. You thrive on helping others and want your job to be more than just a place you show up at every day. You inspire your team members to be their best, and you love planning, setting and reaching your goals.
If you were working for us, here are some things you might have done last week
- Brainstormed with the CEO, the Communications and Event manager on upcoming events
- Motivated Board Members at the Board Retreat to get more engaged in fundraising
- Interviewed applicants for a grant writer position
- Met with the PR consultant to discuss promoting an upcoming event
- Reviewed monthly financial information to track to budget and goals
- Run a development team meeting, attended the Development Committee and a Young Leadership Board meeting, and provided position-related reports
- Went to lunch to celebrate a team member’s birthday
Here are some other things you’ll be doing
- Plan and manage the annual Development budget
- Manage and motivate the Development team
- Meet with major donors, corporate sponsors and foundations
- Report on Development activities at Board meetings
- Report to grantors on progress on grants
- Have lunch with a long time donor
- Attend the annual leadership conference
Experience is important. We need someone with a minimum of five years’ proven experience in fundraising and development in the DFW metroplex. If you’d like to be part of the senior management team, if you enjoy the rewards and challenges of fundraising, if you understand the importance of building and sustaining relationships, if you have team management experience, if you’re organized and enjoy motivating your team to achieve goals, we definitely want to hear from you. We offer a great work environment and benefits package. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org – include a cover letter, your resume and desired salary.
Cancer Support Community North Texas, a leading area non-profit providing free cancer support, has a great career opportunity for a Program Coordinator to coordinate program including children’s program, and provide general support for daily program operations. Responsibilities include: onboarding new participants, facilitating groups, individual counseling, doing community outreach, delivering children’s program for the location, event planning, volunteer coordination. Reports to the Program Manager. Competitive salary and benefits package. Please email cover letter and resume to CCervantes@cancersupporttexas.org.
This position requires:
- A Master’s level licensed mental health professional (LMSW, LCSW,) with minimum 2 years postgraduate experience
- Warm, outgoing, energetic personality
- Experience with group facilitation and individual counseling
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize efforts
- Demonstrated proficiency in Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite
- Competitive salary
- Generous benefits; medical, dental, vision, long term disability, life insurance
- 401K plan eligibility
- Opportunity to be part of a team of passionate people
- Great working environment