Cancer Support Community North Texas http://cancersupporttexas.org/ in Dallas, TX is accepting applications for a full time Development Associate. The Development Associate is responsible for assisting in and supporting fundraising operations.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT SUPPORT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Development Director with preparing for donor visits and meetings by creating collateral material packets.
- Enter database entries on behalf of the development team.
- Manage development department calendar.
- Assist the development team in event and fundraising mailings, such as, creating and managing mailing lists, preparing and executing mail merges, etc.
- Prepare weekly and six-month donor appreciation letters and thank you notes for Development Director and CEO.
- Assistance with other development events, meetings, plans, as required.
- Work closely with Database Coordinator and development team to proactively manage donor records to ensure accurate tracking of all donor activities.
- Assist the development team in creating and managing database reports that support fundraising and stewardship initiatives.
- Conduct research on prospects or donors and document this research in the database and in Microsoft office applications like Word and Excel.
- Create accurate and comprehensive donor profiles.
- Produce Monthly Revenue Report for Development Director and CEO.
- Work closely with development team to ensure major donor lists and communications are current.
SPECIAL EVENTS RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the development team in preparing for and managing special events, such as, drafting event timelines and assisting with vendor relations.
- Manage event communications process, such as, confirmations, changes in event details, etc.
- Create and manage donor attendee profiles before an event.
- Organize event collateral, such as, event signage, programs, name tags, seating cards, place cards, etc.
- Assist with managing all travel and hospitality arrangements for talent.
- Assist with day-of event execution from beginning to end.
- Assist with following up on vendor invoices and payments and post-event reports.
- Manage master event calendar.
GENERAL ADMINISTRATION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain development inventory, such as, mailing collateral, event supplies, office supplies.
- Must be able to work evening and weekends, as required.
- Assist with cross-departmental event support, as needed.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree in related field.
- Exceptional customer service and written/expressive communication skills.
- Confident with written, phone and face-to-face interactions with high-profile individuals.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented in order to manage multiple projects with shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to timely execute accurate data reports that support fundraising and stewardship initiatives.
- Flexible and adaptable in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team and independently, with little supervision.
- Able to diplomatically discern work priorities, problem solve, make decisions and meet critical deadlines.
- Professional interpersonal and social skills suitable to working with wide range of stakeholders.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License and insurance required for assignments/activities that involve work outside of the office.
- Must maintain a clean driving record.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and a cover letter summarizing professional accomplishments and qualifications relative to the position to aurban@CancerSupportTexas.org.
- Competitive Pay
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off