Director of Development
Development Offices, Dallas County
Cancer Support Community North Texas provides a warm and inviting homelike setting where men, women, and children living with cancer – as well as their families and friends – can join others and get emotional and social support as a complement to medical care – all free of charge. The Director of Development helps to ensure that no one should have to go through cancer alone. We’re looking for a highly motivated, creative and energetic person to manage a great team and run our Development department.
Here’s who we’re looking for
You are energetic, outgoing, organized and creative. You thrive on helping others and want your work to be more than just a job you show up at every day. You inspire your team members to be their best, and you love planning and reaching your goals.
If you were working for us, here are some things you might have done last week
- Brainstormed with the CEO, Event Coordinator and Communications Specialist on upcomoing events
- Helped the CEO and Data Coordinator evaluate a new CRM platform
- Motivated Board Members at the Board Retreat to get more engaged in fundraising
- Interviewed applicants for a new full time grant writer position
- Met with the PR consultant to discuss promoting an upcoming awareness event
- Reviewed monthly financial information to track to budget and goals
- Run a development team meeting, attended the Development Committee and a Young Leadership Board meeting, and provided position-related reports
- Had coffee and cake to say farewell to an intern
Here are some other things you’ll be doing
- Plan and manage the annual Development budget
- Manage and motivate the Development Team
- Meet with potential donors, corporate sponsors and foundations
- Report to the Board at Board meetings on Development activities
- Report to grantors on progress on grants
Experience is important. We need someone who has a minimum of five years’ experience in fundraising and development. If you want a senior management position, if you enjoy the challenges of fundraising, if you love people and understand the importance of building and sustaining relationships, if you have team management experience, if you’re organized and enjoy motivating your team to achieve goals, we definitely want to hear from you. Please email us at Info@CancerSupportTexas.org – include a cover letter and your resume.
Collin County Clubhouse
Cancer Support Community North Texas aims to provide a warm and inviting homelike setting where men, women, and children living with cancer – as well as their families and friends – can join with others to build emotional and social support as a complement to medical care. It is time we add someone friendly and efficient to our team to be responsible for the daily operations of our Plano Clubhouse, including the planning of the monthly calendar of events, oversight of all activities, and outreach to the community.
Here’s who we’re looking for
You’re an excellent communicator who thrives helping others, being both people and detail oriented. You take care of things the right way the first time; when you say “I’ll take care of it,” we know it’ll be done well. You get excited when you know you’ve made someone else’s day better.
If you were working for us, here are some of the things you would have done last week
- Worked directly with our members, as well as contract and volunteer facilitators
- Onboarded new members, facilitated groups, and conducted individual counseling
- Completed outreach efforts and program events, and planned future ones
- Managed a part-time Administrative Assistant
- Worked with the Program Director to meet member and business needs of the Clubhouse
Here are some other things you might do
- Program planning and development
- Lead workshops and presentations
- Tracking member information and data
- Set up for clubhouse events and activities
- Assist with volunteer coordination and supervision
Experience is important. We’re looking for someone who is a licensed mental health professional with a minimum of a Master’s degree (i.e. LCSW, LMSW, LPC, etc.) with at least three years’ experience. We are also looking for experience with group facilitation and individual counseling, good organizational skills and ability to prioritize efforts, and demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Flexibility in schedule is also needed, as there is some night/weekend work. If this job sounds like something you’d love to do every day, we definitely want to hear from you. If interested, please email your cover letter and resume to NHuff@CancerSupportTexas.org.