Director of Development
Development Offices, Dallas County
Cancer Support Community North Texas provides a warm and inviting homelike setting where men, women, and children living with cancer – as well as their families and friends – can join others and get emotional and social support as a complement to medical care – all free of charge. The Director of Development helps to ensure that no one should have to go through cancer alone. We’re looking for a highly motivated, creative and energetic person to manage a great team and run our Development department.
Here’s who we’re looking for
You are energetic, outgoing, organized and creative. You thrive on helping others and want your work to be more than just a job you show up at every day. You inspire your team members to be their best, and you love planning and reaching your goals.
If you were working for us, here are some things you might have done last week
- Brainstormed with the CEO, Event Coordinator and Communications Specialist on upcoming events
- Helped the CEO and Data Coordinator evaluate a new CRM platform
- Motivated Board Members at the Board Retreat to get more engaged in fundraising
- Interviewed applicants for a new full time grant writer position
- Met with the PR consultant to discuss promoting an upcoming awareness event
- Reviewed monthly financial information to track to budget and goals
- Run a development team meeting, attended the Development Committee and a Young Leadership Board meeting, and provided position-related reports
- Had coffee and cake to say farewell to an intern
Here are some other things you’ll be doing
- Plan and manage the annual Development budget
- Manage and motivate the Development Team
- Meet with potential donors, corporate sponsors and foundations
- Report to the Board at Board meetings on Development activities
- Report to grantors on progress on grants
Experience is important. We need someone who has a minimum of five years’ experience in fundraising and development. If you want a senior management position, if you enjoy the challenges of fundraising, if you love people and understand the importance of building and sustaining relationships, if you have team management experience, if you’re organized and enjoy motivating your team to achieve goals, we definitely want to hear from you. Please email us at Info@CancerSupportTexas.org – include a cover letter and your resume.
Contract Grant Writer
Development Offices, Dallas County Clubhouse
Cancer Support Community North Texas provides a warm, welcoming setting where men, women, and children living with cancer – as well as their families and friends – join with others to build emotional and social support as a complement to medical care. We looking for a talented, focused grant writer to join our team; someone who understands the importance of the work we do and can translate that into compelling and effective grant applications.
Are you this person?
You thrive on helping others. You get excited when you can use your talent, energy and creativity to help a great cause expand their reach. You’re a great researcher and writer. You’re a self-starter, smart, very organized, detail oriented and able to meet deadlines. You’re a creative thinker and enjoy a challenge. You take a great deal of pride in your work and successful accomplishments.
If you were part of our team, here are some of the things you would have done last week
- Met with the Program Director, Director of Development and the CEO to brainstorm on potential grant opportunities
- Updated the Development Committee on the status of, and prospects for grant funding
- Worked with the data coordinator to get at meaningful information to support a grant application
- Done research for a potential new grant application and submitted two new grant applications
- Reviewed pending grant applications and followed up with funders
- Worked on specific reporting data for leadership for their PowerPoint presentation
- Attended departmental and organizational meetings and provided position-related reporting
Here are some other things you might do
- Attend a Board Meeting and present grant reporting to leadership
- Attend an All Staff meeting and hear what everyone on the team is working on
- Join other team members at the staff retreat or engage in a fun team building exercise
- Help out at a major fund raising event
- Work with a partner to collaborate on approaches for new grant funding
This position is an essential component of the overall Fundraising/Development plan. Experience is important – we’re looking for a track record of 3 to 5 years in writing successful grant applications for non profits. Outstanding writing skills are essential for this position. You must have demonstrated a focus on using current data/research for writing high quality grant applications. You must be committed to following through on funded applications; providing interim and final reports to funders in a timely manner.
If this sounds like something you’d enjoy doing for us, we definitely want to hear from you. Please get in touch by emailing your resume and fee structure to MLouis@CancerSupportTexas.org.