What is Reiki?
Reiki is a safe, effective ancient Japanese Art of Healing.
The meaning of the word REIKI: REI-KI
REI: describes the universal, total, all-encompassing aspect of energy that surrounds all living things. [non-physical energy]
KI: describes universal physical energy. Life energy in an individual.
This word is used to describe the practice of sending energy for the purpose of creating conscious reconnection between the partial (physical) and universal (non-physical) life energy in an individual.
Reiki is a method used to actuate this conscious reconnection and balancing of physical and non-physical energy within an individual body. Rei and Ki are harmonized on the heart plane and expressed from the heart to bring about a conscious synchronizing and harmonizing of living cells and energy within an individual.
SO REIKI IS: The ancient Japanese Art of healing.
- The laying on of hands, for the purposes of healing with life energies.
- The pulsing electricity and life force energy of the universe, our physical, mental and emotional bodies, our solar system and this earth we live on.
- Guidance from the highest intelligence of all.
- Similar to a battery charger, Reiki boosts the electrical/energetic system of the human body.
- Is not affiliated with any type of religious belief.
- Heightens the ability for one human being to connect with another through naturally occurring energy channels within the body, in the deepest of ways.
- The laying on of hands, for the purposes of healing.
- Healing energy, channeled with the intention of healing one’s self first and then others.
- A complimentary technique that will enhance any medical treatment. It does not take the place of medical treatments.
- An energetic healing Art, backed up and profoundly validated by scientists through multiple studies.
Reiki is no longer considered the Woo Woo world of magic it once was. In the past ten year’s scientists have profoundly validated our understanding of many of the ancient healing Art’s. “Classical physics and Quantum physics” are both necessary to describe the world around us and the ways in which Reiki and healing energy’s work. A phenomenal amount of interesting experiments have been Preformed throughout the ages. Starting in 1642 with Sir Isaac Newton (1642-1727), through the ages with scientist like Albert Einstein (1879-1955), Max Planck (1858-1947), Erwin Schroedinger (1887-1961) Werner Heisenberg (1901-1976), in the 1980s, by scientists working independently in Germany and the United States, in 1950’s by Franklin Loer, more recent experiments by the Japanese scientist, Masaru Emoto, (see Messages from water by Masaru Emoto.) This bring us to present day science and Quantum Physics. Now that science has woken up to this new understanding, there are thousands of scientist’s exploring the affect the electromagnetic frequencies of prayer / positive thinking and negative thought and the affects they have on the frequencies of the human Mind and Body. The point is, we now know that human thought and human intent effect electron behavior. Since every chemical and neural process in the human body involves the activity of electrons, we see that our bodily functions are not simple matters of traditional chemistry and classical physics. They are mental, emotional, and spiritual as well. So we now know the “mind-body connection” is through the electrons. So the next time someone tells you Reiki doesn’t work or is silly Woo Woo, you can tell them, it’s simple science, physics and Quantum Physics. You can also say, it’s now been profoundly proven in countless experiments throughout hundreds of years. It’s now accepted as fact by modern day science and Quantum physics.
Reiki is a wonderful way to release, relax, detoxify and heal, emotionally and physically, that brings about peace within the body and mind.
BLOG POST PROVIDED BY:
Billie Sandel of LOTUS MIND AND BODY HEALING THERAPIES
Questions? Email SandelBillie@yahoo.com.